Here are some easy tips to help you get your walls ready for peel and stick wallpaper:
1. Clean your walls: The first step is to make sure your walls are clean and free of dirt, dust, and grease. Use a damp cloth to wipe down the walls and remove any debris.
2. Remove existing wallpaper: If you have existing wallpaper, you'll need to remove it before applying your new peel and stick wallpaper. Use a wallpaper remover and a putty knife to carefully peel off the old wallpaper.
3. Patch any holes: If your walls have any holes or cracks, use a spackling compound or poly filler to patch them up. Make sure the area is completely dry before moving on to the next step.
4. Sand any uneven walls: Use a sanding block to smooth out any bumps or uneven areas on your walls. This will ensure that your wallpaper will lay flat and stick properly.
5. Prime the walls: Apply a coat of primer and leave to dry fully - ideally for at least 7 days. This will help the wallpaper adhere better and prevent it from peeling off. This will also provide a solid color to be the perfect backing to your wallpaper.
Once your walls are prepped, you can start to apply your peel and stick wallpaper. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions to ensure that your wallpaper looks as good as new. Good luck!